Thursday, September 16, 2010

Petit Dejeuner en Geneve






Bonjour! Greetings from Geneva airport. Arrived here about two hours ago, and am waiting for my train to Martigny, which will be followed by another train and a bus to Verbier, which is the Southern end of Switzerland, above Italy and France. Though Verbier is East of Geneva, the train will travel northeast, and then southeast, as Lake Geneva is standing in the way.

Dulles airport was a madhouse, but I had a bit of time to catch my flight before the the transatlantic flight. On the good side, I had nobody next to me on the flight over. On the bad side, at times there was so much turbulence I thought I was in a cargo plane headed into the Congo.

In any case, I've arrived safely. I finished up the Gene Simmons autobiography and watched three episodes of Party Down, which was a very welcome surprise for in-flight entertainment. I've managed well so far with my French, and it seems that each minute that goes by more is coming back to me, have to be appreciative of immersion. Of course, everyone here speaks English as well, so there's a safety net.

Updates will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment