Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ocean Healing



Since I've been back this week, my mood has ranged between okay and miserable. But this morning, a little before 11am, stepping into the waters of Coronado Beach, I was revived. I've been looking forward to oceanic rejuvenation since halfway through last weekend, and I was right to know the proper balm for my wounds. It is a magnificent day here in San Diego. Bright sunshine since dawn. Temperatures near 80. Haven't been many of these. And, even better, I've been with my childhood friends. Any time you're standing one on one with Matt Gibson, life is good. When Eric Pisick is there too, life is that much better. We have a much bigger crew than that, with Tom and Jaime, my San Diego surrogate parents, hours away from celebrating their nuptials. I'm pretty scared about the present and the future, but I know that I am a very fortunate individual.

Today I swam in the Pacific Ocean off of Coronado, a week ago I was standing high up in the Swiss Alps. Obviously I'm worth something. And none of this would be possible if weren't for all the amazing, wonderful people in this world who love me. Thank you all.

And now, for another wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment