Monday, August 9, 2010

Terra Firma

Signed a lease today. In the flux of things, everything works out differently than you'd planned. I've searched dozens of places. I signed a lease for one that has a very acceptable rent. It's in a place with laundry on site and I have a parking place. Across the street are three restaurants (including the bar voted best burgers in San Diego). Gas stations, liquor stores, a cafe, a yoga studio in walking distance, and two blocks to the left or right and you're on the water with a view of the skyline. 600 square feet. I've been agonizing about spending this money, but I realize I had this money in order to spend it for something that mattered. The money is from my uncle, and the last thing he said to me, as he writhed in pain, was "I know you're leaving, are you sure it's the right thing?" I believe it is. I didn't two days ago, but each word he said has weighed on me, and will continue to, like a stone. I won't let him down. My uncle is one of the coolest people to walk this earth and, as it turns out, he is giving me the chance to make my mark on the world. He is my godfather, and I have heavily considered that fact for a long time. I picked a sweet apartment. Even tough I have nothing more than an air mattress and a diesel television(courtesy of Gene & Jo Ann), I welcome you all to stay with so long as you all understand that Tom, Tina, Gene & Jo Ann Ferraro have made it all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment