Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Baby Steps








For the first time since I've been here, I did not use my car today. There actually was one other day when I did not use my car, that was the Sunday when T took me for my first surfing lesson, but we drove to La Jolla, so I disqualify it.

Today I did some laundry, walked the Bay to the ocean and hit the grocery store. Then walked back and made some dinner. My first meal was macaroni& cheese, seaweed salad, and blueberries. The mac & cheese certainly isn't the healthiest, but all you need to prepare it is some butter and milk, which can then be used for other purposes, so it's cheap. The seaweed salad was so I didn't feel too guilty about the mac & cheese.

While I was on the beach today I saw a couple kids approaching people to promote that energy drink from the pyramid scheme. I've noticed that they've had to change their solicitations for employment to be more representative of what they're doing. Good. I'm glad I'm not doing that.

It was supposed to over 90 today, but by the water it didn't come close. It was rather humid, but humidity here is nothing. While walking along the Bay an old Jewish man rode past me on his bike and said, "They call this 92 degrees?" I would say it was only about 77. And it was very breezy, at times, the temperature felt perfect.

I really like this house with the blue tinted windows, it looks almost like an aquarium. There are some incredible houses around here, nothing too grandiose but beautifully modeled with big windows and shining pools. One day, I'll own one.

Let's hope tomorrow brings more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment