Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Simple Things





After a rather frustrating day, I made a few new breakthroughs on my searches. Leads to leads, I guess they could be called. My positivity and resolve began to return and I saw through the murk clouding me lately.

As usual, a ripping Red Sox victory greatly aided my mood. Despite suffering another key injury, we saw the triumphant and improbable return of Mike Lowell, smashing the first pitch he saw as though it were Theo Epstein's face far above the Green Monster. Later there was even an intense, benches clearing verbal contest out near the pitcher's mound. Josh Beckett, John Lackey, and Tito Francona gave stirring performances. Loved it.

After that I regressed to simple pleasures and spent the evening at In-N-Out Burger and the movies. Haven't had In-N-Out since I was out here in 2008. It really is a sublime fast-food experience. The place is spotless, you are joined by families, and tons of smiling faces of every age and demographic. The food is great, it's no wonder everyone is happy. A double-double, fries, and a chocolate shake rocketed me to contentment.

After that I went to see Predators. Thoroughly mediocre and unnecessary. Still, as always, I was happy to be at the movies.

I sat next to a father and his 10 year old son. When it finished the father leaned over to his boy and cheerfully asked, "did you like that?"

"Agh, it was alright," he replied.

Pretty much says it all.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the description of the Sox game and et al is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, justvisiting, unfortunately Wednesday night's game didn't go so well.

    ReplyDelete