Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday





I resolved this morning to have a better day than yesterday, and that has certainly been the case. I still have the same problems I did yesterday, but who doesn't.

After making tea and doing stretches I ran along the Bay. My iPod crashed along the way, just after the first few bars of Genesis' "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)." Didn't let a small thing like that frustrate me, and I continued along the Bay letting the elements envelop me. Made it over to the ocean and wished I had brought my trunks so I could go in and swim, nobody was by the water as it was overcast and only about 66 degrees this morning. Kept walking and found a place with wheat grass, even interacting with the owner and a gregarious patron who's a martial arts instructor. He was trying wheat grass for the first time. I encouraged him, but didn't stick around for his reaction. On the way back, I was startled out of my aloof stupor by a cheerful, "Hi!" I looked up and saw a 10 year old girl with beautiful aqua marine eyes cheerfully gazing at me as she and her family rode by on their bikes. She brought a genuine, warm smile to my face.

The ocean did its part to soothe my mind. And I then set off my other favorite refuge, the cinema. A real treat today, the amazing Vincent Cassel in Mesrine, outstanding film. For two hours I was in another time and place, and when I emerged, the world felt better than when I'd left it. That's why I love the movies.

--By the way, if you aren't familiar with Vincent Cassel for his acting you should still find him amazing, he's married to Monica Bellucci.

No comments:

Post a Comment