Thursday, August 19, 2010

Been A Week Since I Moved In

After looking at my bank account, I eschewed the ATB show in favor of sticking close to home and saving my pennies. To be honest, I didn’t want to go through the charade. It’s a club show, had to be there by 10 and then sit through not one but two opening djs before getting to ATB himself. That means I would be there for two, two and a half hours, standing around by myself (granted, in sharp clothes) nursing $15 drinks. No thank you.

I decided to take a walk to see the green flash. On my way I ran into a new friend of mine, a guy who carries himself like the mayor of Pacific Beach, just great charisma. He was with an absolutely gorgeous California blonde, I would say they're both about ten years older than me. First of all, I was running into someone who knew me, how cool is that. Second of all, these people were so nice. They told me that that the green flash is rather illusory, like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. Mike said I could take 25 years, 365 days a year to try and see it and still never have it happen. He’s never seen it. Larissa has. Of course, she probably caused it when she was born. But she said it was already too late to make it.

I was grateful for the information, knowing I wouldn't feel bad not seeing it. Once again, I learned something new about this place. I walked for over an hour, ending up down at the ocean and realizing I need to buy a bike because it's senseless to be driving such a short distance. I never thought I would be looking to buy a bike. Funny how life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment