Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday, improvements



Don't want to divulge too much for fear that loose lips sink ships, but today was certainly positive. Heard responses to my job inquiries, and finally saw some decent housing options. Some of that pressure at the top of my head has eased.

I also got to walk along the beach, cook dinner, hit the gym, and play my saxophone.

Still rumbling through my head is "Lawyers, Guns, & Money," my first jukebox pick that made me a big hit at Tiki Bar on Sunday. I played it honor of my dad, as it was his birthday. My father took me to see Warren Zevon at the Paradise back in the mid-90s. That was, and will always be, one of the best shows I have ever seen. Cosmically enough, about 30 minutes later a group of guys were talking about Kris Kristofferson. One of them tried to place a movie but couldn't remember the title. When I said, "Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid", I got the same uproarious excitement as when I played Warren Zevon. My dad took me to see that one at the Museum of Fine Arts when I was about 12 or 13. The guy who couldn't remember the title had seen it with his father at a similar age.

I'm extremely blessed to have absolutely wonderful parents. I'm a lucky kid.

Two simple cultural outings such a long time ago, helped me share smiles with strangers in a far away place. That was a gift from a father to his son, preparing me for the future. So, it's not much, but since I couldn't be there with you on Sunday, Dad, this one's for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5puAN1PGQw

No comments:

Post a Comment