Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day At The Races

Today is Opening Day at the Del Mar Racetrack and, as someone couldn't make it, I have scored a ticket.
http://www.delmarscene.com/events/opening_day_hats_contest.htm

Bit of a gloomy start to the day, still grey outside. We'll see if that's all gone by noon. On the radio on Sunday I heard that, "the heat wave has broken." I guess a heat wave is 80 plus degree weather, which lasted for about 5 days. We're back in the 70s.

Mainly been looking for jobs this week, so not much excitement to report there.

Here are a few things from the past couple days.

Driving in LA I shared the road with a Ferrari Testarossa (red, of course), multiple Porsches, and a vintage silver Delorean which, as Flex astutely observed, had to be going 87 mph or less in order to be visible.

Liquid Kitty is a great bar in LA. Arsenal is crap.

A guy at a friend's party in Los Angeles assured me that I had made the right decision by moving out here. I had a friend down here encourage me by saying, "San Diego's a tough city to crack, but it's worth it once you do."

At a wine tasting last night, my restaurant consultant angle was very well received. Time to make a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment