Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Marooned






Took my car in at 7:30am today. Over the course of the past week, even the slightest of turns took a Herculean effort to force the wheel. Figuring this was peculiar, I took it back where I had it fixed up on the 5th and, sure enough, the power steering reservoir wasn't locked in after the previous work, so it fell over and burned a whole in the new belt.

I was back at the apartment complex a little before 9, but I didn't realized I'd be stuck there on my own until 4:30. Had to cancel a few appointments I'd set up for apartments and postpone a few errands, but I spent the time reaching out to beverage industry contacts and new leads so it was a productive day. This complex has two pools and jacuzzis, all of which are undergoing maintenance. I did my work from the balcony. It was 85 degrees today and sunny.

Once I did retrieve my car I was thrilled that the work didn't cost me a dime and then I set off to get some groceries. I cooked for my hosts and their friend tonight. My first creation in a kitchen for weeks, very exciting. Just made some flank steak and chicken soft tacos, nothing much, but it felt good to contribute and create a bit.

Afterwards we watched "The Cove." Terrific film. Highly recommended for anyone who cares for animals, though it is difficult subject matter, but a richly rewarding and enlightening documentary about flagrant, ongoing dolphin slaughter. Check it out,
http://www.thecovemovie.com/home.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment