Saturday, July 17, 2010

Malibu





Made my first trip to Malibu today. Absolutely beautiful stretch of the California coastline. Driving the PCH is a pleasure while traffic is moving though, for the most part, it was not. It took an hour each way to go 20 miles.

It was worth it. I love the beach. The beach here is gorgeous. I went to Zuma beach, which seems to stretch on forever and today was virtually saturated with people. The beach is free and offers solace to a crowded mind. The water was much colder, though only a handful of miles away from where I was yesterday. The current was incredibly strong, I ended up with a front row seat to a lifeguard rescue (not an emergency, just someone helping out a kid unsure how to make his way through the current).

All that and a homemade meatball sandwich make for nice, relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment