Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1

Starting out today, a new month beginning and I am here in San Diego. My body took full advantage of the quiet and comfortable surroundings, and I slept for close to 11 hours. Waking up, I sent out a few resumes and did my stretches. Then went out in search of wheat grass, an easy assignment in Southern California, and then to do errands.

My friends invited to join them for their weekly beach volleyball game. That certainly made me apprehensive. Not only had I not played volleyball since the eighth grade but I was picturing a scene out of Top Gun or Side Out; guys with their shirts off and spike balls hurtling past you at 100mph. It turned out to be nothing like that, just a group of friends having some good-natured fun. I managed to be productive as often as I was awful, and that put me in the middle of the pack and calmed my nerves.

It had been a beautiful and sunny 80 degrees inland here today. The beach was still consumed by clouds and it was a bit cooler. But the clouds started to make their way west across the water and the final strands of the day’s sunlight stretched into the sea. Very beautiful setting. Someone even brought their dog to the game and he just sat there and took in the action, totally content, happy to get attention from all of the players when time allowed.

Of course now I’m sore and exhausted. Been quite some time since playing any communal sports. So time to read, prepare for tomorrow, and head for bed.

I miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment