Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunday Night









Had a very sweet day today. For some reason, the video I shot of the surfers on Pacific Beach won't load, and I am quite disappointed. Today was one of discovery. After wanting to hit the beach and bodysurf, tan and read, I found myself, and all of the beach community, eclipsed by clouds.

I stopped off to watch the end of the Red Sox game, that was a bad idea. They blew it.

But I heard from my friends, and it made me strong. I stopped into a New Jersey pizza place, killer pizza. Then I went to see the start of the Cubs game, my friends were there at Wrigley.

Despite the clouds, I went down to the beach. On the pier, I watched the surfers. It was wonderful. My understanding expanded. There were even out of shape surfers, this gives me hope. From a distance, I understood more about the relation to the wave, timing, respect of the ocean. Beautiful.

It was after six, it was grey, but I still went into the water. Wonderful, warm, welcoming.

Though I intended to go to the movies, I found myself at Tiki Bar to see the end of the Cubs game. They lost, and I was understandably angry. But it was open mike night, and I met the whole slew of performers. So I've been invited back with the request to bring my saxophone.

The bar is known to a friend of mine from home. I was in the right place.

Just wish I could show you all my video. . . I'll work on that.

p.s. I am very happy that Wally is back with me. He didn't like being stuck in the suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment