Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday, despues












About to head into slumber. I've had a number of bad dreams lately, I'm sure that will pass with time. Today was a good day. Great to see Spain win. For whatever reason, I had total confidence they would be victorious today. Not sure why. Was glad I had my shirt, which I wore all day, even at this moment.

Went down to the beach in the late afternoon, at which time the clouds returned to obscure the sun. Still nice to sit by the shore. Didn't submerge today, but took in the air and the enjoyment of those around me.

I saw my first movie in Southern California tonight. This was somewhat anti-climactic to my expectations, probably because it took place in San Diego rather than where I always expected to happen, Los Angeles. Still a great experience. A Landmark cinema, across the street from a great hotel where I stayed two years ago when i was out here on business. When I read, "The Girl Who Played With Fire," I never expected to be watching the movie in San Diego. Parked for $1, and had some people call out "Viva Espana!" from their car as I walked through the garage.

Aside are some assorted shots from today and last night. There's a dog beach here, how great is that! All year round, no leash unnecessary, dogs deserve that. Street tacos from last night. And then shots of the beach and Hillcrest today, clearly, the sun never completely went away. Good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment