Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wicked Pissah!

What a great day.

Last night was lovely, then woke up a bit early in need of the jets and was up. That led me to an early am discussion that felt like fireworks. A few more hours of sleep.

Then hung with dad before his way out. After that, laundry, writing, making contacts. All day. Gloomy skies, sunny skies. Some time fore exercise, enough time for great music. Working on the writing project. Nowhere to go. No car, no worries. A contact made to a local wine merchant who told me, though he'd never met me in person, that based on what I was saying, he would want to work with me. Out here, people don't say that unless they mean it.

Dad checked in a few times. I built a fire. I spoke to people I love. I did laundry. Worked on a manuscript. I listened to fabulous music, new and old. Later on, I was given free reign to make dinner in my parents' sensational kitchen.

Tonight marked the eve of a childhood friend's departure to New York City to embark on a career of culinary excellence. We convened in the first ever trendy wine bar in Andover history. It was a scene, man. Where did all these young professionals come from? I've never seen them in Andover before. The bar carried my all time favorite wine. First case I ever bought. Everyone in the village of its origin works, on one capacity or another, for the winery. Un colectivo. Cool staff who, of course, all knew my buddy. He deserves it, he's on to big things.

Back home to warmth and deep sleep. Good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment