Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Slow Down








So far, today has been an excellent day. I went up to Carlsbad to do see the outlet stores, pretty impressive complex. I had a Reebok gift card on hand and, in honor of the outstanding trade for Gonzalez, picked myself a sweet pair of kicks. I'll use them if I'm ever in a hip hop video.

Eschewing the highway for the 101, I drove along the coast and stopped at South Carlsbad State Beach for some reflection and wonder. Overcast hear today, but still very beautiful. I overheard numerous people at the mall talking about how "cold" it was outside, and they were all bundled up in deep Fall clothes. I was wearing shorts and flip flops. It's 60 degrees. The beach was magnificent. I spent most of my time wading in the water. A couple groups of pelicans glided by on their way down the coastline. Great waves. Sky and sea of so many silvers, blues, white, and reflections of pink and orange.

I took my time on the way back to curl along the coast, mimicking the path of the pelicans. Once I made it home I made a nice meal, penne with chicken with red peppers and sage in a white wine sauce. The pasta was whole wheat durum, but it's still an indulgence. This was my first meal of the day, and it was delicious.

Meanwhile, my iPod is on a roll. Check out a few of the selections.





No comments:

Post a Comment