Saturday, December 11, 2010

December Friday

I was the guest of honor for a genuine friend's birthday dinner. We went to the best sushi restaurant in San Diego. The food was impeccable. As fresh and flavorful as fruits off the vine. Amazing.

Afterwards, we went to a bar I know, and ended up playing pool with a couple of Afghanistan war vets, who were stand up guys. My friend showed me a few things about billiards. And, despite my temerity, I held my own, and my friend gave me some great pointers to hold my own. Turns out, he's a pool shark. I had no idea.

At the same time, I was complimented on my knowledge of the city. By native San Diegans, no less. Later on, I brought my buddy to a bar I haven't been to since August. The bouncer greeted me like a life long friend, no pretense, genuine happiness to see me and awareness of who I am. Pretty cool.

Before we left, caught up with my neighbors who had done the building's Christmas decorations. They have more in store. They invited me to a tour of neighborhood Christmas lights, and their dog Lilly came over to offer her affection.

Nice night in San Diego.

By the way, Big T, you're right in my heart, and I'm thinking of you, amigo.


As for the clips below, I listened to New Order's Get Ready in its entirety upon retiring. One of my favorite albums. And very a propos.




No comments:

Post a Comment