Thursday, December 2, 2010

December 2.



Some internet interference has knocked out access for the building. Not cool.

Woke up today for some great news from Beantown on our tough situation. The vice began to ease up a bit. And the distance eased some as well, as I shared both relief and joy with my family.

I had some time to exercise and organize before heading down towards the border, Chula Vista again. The day was another challenge made possible by our mismanagement, but fortunately we did not have any altercations. I met another colleague today, who is bright and reasonable, and equally perplexed by the supercilious comportment of our higher ups.

Before heading home, I got a call from my mom. I had never been happier to hear from her. She was in great spirits. The mercurial dusk grew brighter, and I went back north towards San Diego.

Some pictures for you. Saw some landscaped chive plants that have flowered, interesting choice. And this is a taco place that I stopped at in a purely American strip mall. Inside, though, Spanish only, no English. And one of the best quesadillas I’ve ever had, knockout guacamole, too. Experiences like this make me very content.

Better day than yesterday. Way better.


And this song, is well worth it. Richie Havens and Groove Armada. First rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment