Thursday, December 9, 2010

backed up

9:58 am:
80 minutes and counting waiting in line @the dmv. I'm almost up to the front door...



10:12 am:
The woman behind me is chattering away in Tagalog on her phone.
The guy in front of me is listening to songs on his phone. 'Lost In A Forest' and 'Set Me Free' were the most recent selections, though I doubt he's using the songs as an expression of frustration.
An old man creaking by on a walker was just dismissed & sent to the back of the line when he inquired about the wait.



10:22 am:

Now seated with call number B059. They are currently serving B041.
And so it goes...



10:57 am:

While the A, C, and J numbers are ticking through rapidly, we are only up to B045. One older couple has been at a B window the entire time I've been sitting.
If I were to drop the paperwork in the mail, it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery of the registration & plates.
I could make an appointment, but the soonest appointments are 5-6 weeks out.
In either case, from the day I completed the paperwork & smog inspection (Nov. 29), I would not be getting the updated plates before departing back to Boston on Dec. 23rd.


11:41 am:

I took a break to go get gas and stop by Einstein's Bagel Co. For some food & tea. I got an egg white flatbread with swiss cheese, asparagus, and mushrooms. Though they didn't state it on the menu, it had some mayonnaise based sauce on there, which pissed me off. Still, the menu stated it was only 280 calories total, so I'll live.

Back at the DMV. We're on B053. I want to be out of here before I hit the 4 hour mark.

12:05 pm:

And I'm out the door with the new plates. Under 4 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment