Sunday, December 19, 2010

Up Against It

The challenges persist and grow. A corner once thought turned, turns into another corner. So here I am, still mired in the labyrinth.

A week ago, I was feeling very obstructed. I was pretty down. I didn't even want to go home for Christmas. About two days later, I caught a couple breaks, my spirits lifted. My outlook greatly improved and I began to feel fantastic. Then on Thursday night, the obstructions and frustrations began to roll in again. They have not stopped.

I had gone out and met a new round of people in the last couple weeks. Despite assurances of 'let's hang out for sure' they simply evaporated. The job I have has proved to be nothing but frustration. Frustration spent in an extremely hectic and busy mall, no less.

My need for context remains. One needs to be in front of, or part of, a group consistently to be remembered out here. I know that I'm not forgettable, I know that I make an impression. But I am constantly overlooked. Overqualified, underutilized. So I go on at my own speed, in solitude.

One of my neighbors here found out on Friday that he was being let go from his job. This was a major downer. Great guy let go for some arbitrary reason. A week before Christmas. We both smiled and said that it will only lead to something greater.

See, I'm not losing hope!












I have enough funds to last another month. I need a job that will allow me to subsist. That is my Christmas wish.

I am excited for Christmas and have not lost that optimism that came around a week ago. There will be more breaks in the wall and more light in the labyrinth. I've got my ax and matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment