Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 23rd, almost












The past 4 days have gone by in a blur. There was never enough time to accomplish everything I set out for in each day. I got a lot done, but nowhere near what I wanted to. Now I'm about 7 hours away from a cab coming by to pick me up for the airport. I still have a bag to pack and the apartment to clean.

I did see blue sky today for the first time in days, but that by no means brought the end of the rain. Last night sounded pretty intense. Made good sleeping weather. Today there were some brilliant moments over the beaches, but the rain persisted, so we had a couple of magnificent sun showers. And many grey showers as well. Take a look at the pictures, you can see how one moment of blue sky is immediately followed by dark storm clouds. The access road to the highway here is flooded. Good thing the city is pretty empty. The streets are a mess. Still, I enjoyed the sunshine today.

So now it's time to get ready for the journey back. Tomorrow is a full day of travel, through Dallas. Where I heard it was 75 degrees today. And some snow on the ground in Boston. Look forward to seeing that in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment