Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Killer Times

In one night I get to see friends, family, and familiar faces. My mom, my dad, my sister, my cousins, my buddies, my friends.

Though, somehow, despite being in the heart of Boston, my season long Celtics blackout persisted. Odd.

The city was a mess, snow piled up along the streets made narrower. Slop and muck distressing the in-between. Still, I'm well trained to navigate the narrow and often one way passages.

From there, I was a happy chameleon. Mixed in amongst the lawyers and lawmakers at XXIst Amendment, the hockey fans at Hub Pub. Off to the Tam, where Bev recognized me and greeted me warmly though she hasn't seen me in probably a year. Then over to Remington's for the first active jukebox of the evening, despite the sought out presence of one at all our previous stops. K-Town's live journal was well received by the appreciative crowd and surely brought exciting new entries. A stop in Allston to see the one and only Dantana, a brief 10 minutes that mean more than a year doing much else. Just awesome.

The ride back home through Cambridge and Somerville was not only a groovy, sneaky route, it evinced the passage of time with corporate names replacing the singular hot spots of years past.

Snow everywhere. Slop in the streets. Frost on the windshield. Warmth in heart.

Good times.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great night out! Still couldn't believe that some of the old Boston landmarks ( watering holes) have changed for the worse. No Kells, Harpers Ferry and Sports Depot. Gives me reason enough to stay away from Allston.

    ReplyDelete