Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Time to Embark, despite a delayed departure.



3:22 pm.

That's how long it took. My car is packed. My life is checked. Very interested to see what happens from here on in, mainly because I haven't had more than a stray second or two to think about it. I kept steady with the packing and am finally ready to head out. Of course I've already incurred my first re-route. As I said last night, there is no chance of making it to Cleveland. There's no chance of making it to Buffalo. Of course, as more than one friend pointed out to me, why do you want to go to Buffalo. So, my new course is set for Wilkes-Barre, PA. A familiar, if uneventful drive. But waiting for me on the other side is a lifelong friend. As for tomorrow, we'll see, I'll have plenty of time to think about it the rest of the day.

Couple of quick notes, recent local gas prices are posted above. Today's national headlines are focused on the BP ship fire which is thwarting any chance of capturing oil. Local headlines here in Boston are focused on 2 main stories:
1) lifelong death threats against Ted Kennedy--I doubt that is getting significant coverage elsewhere.
2) The Celtics heading into Game 6 of the Finals. Can't wait! Go C's!!!


2 comments:

  1. This isn't the first and the last time something is not going according to the plans. In life we have to learn to accept the unexpected and flow along with whatever comes our way or changes our direction, as everythig in this universe is planned for us. So, embrace the journey!

    Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  2. you! just got off the phone with you brozeph. you said you were about 2 hours away from wilkes-barre. i couldn't be happier or more excited for you...trust me when i say that we are all jealous...you're doin' it, livin' it....so cool..let's go C's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more soon...peace and safe travels mi hermano..
    p.s for some reason i'm coming up as CJD...however, it is Daniel...i'm sure you could tell from the writing style/voice anyway...word

    ReplyDelete