Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Old Town San Diego, Safe Haven







I've made it to San Diego. Cheap and good hotel, named similarly to a character Dantana and I have created (the Padre Trail Hotel). That was the reason why I chose it. Walking distance to Old Town San Diego. A historical site, in fact, a national historical site. Certainly, not much is going to happen here on a Tuesday night. But I felt happy just to be here. On my own.

I have so much to do now. Find a job. Find a place to live. Those are very big. When you move, those factors are key.

Despite some of the negative, rude people I met tonight, I feel equipped to deal with hostility. I come from a hostile place. If I end up bartending in Old Town San Diego, I'd probably be bitter too. That's not going to happen to me. I won't allow it. Some people might say my plan is fuzzy, some might think I'm here to goof around, that just shows that you don't know me or have faith in me. The only reason you could feel that way is because you care for me and want the best for me, but think that you know what is better than I do. I don't know everything. I'm uncertain and scared, too. f you really know me, you know that my darkest thoughts come from non-accomplishment, from not fulfilling the untold sacrifice and determination that my parents bestowed upon me. My entire drive comes from seeking achievement and solace to provide for those I love, who have made me what I am. And I am a success. Far from home. Nothing to speak of at the moment, but if you honestly love me, you know that I am capable of great things. Because I come from great people. And the only the path to achieve that is through self fulfillment. If I were to ignore the things I feel inside, I would only be a sycophant, and I can't think of one person who reads this page who could limit me as such. Take risks, calculated risks. Stand up to those who get in your way. When you know what you're shooting for, don't let anyone knock you off the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment