Monday, June 14, 2010

Anticipation/Anxiety


Past midnight on the eve of my cross-country trek, I am woefully behind my intended schedule. I had expected to be sitting here packed and ready, reflecting, pondering, dreaming. Instead I am in a room scattered with books, clothes, receipts, and maps wondering how the hell I'm going to pack everything up in time to depart tomorrow (which is now actually today). Emotionally drained and feeling like an apparition, I am resigning myself to sleep. There's no chance I will make it to Cleveland tomorrow. Do I need to leave tomorrow? What time will I be ready? How far can I make it before the Celtics tip off for Game 6? Shit, I need to pack. Am I really doing this?
No answers are coming right now. Time to switch off.

Goodnight. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment