Wednesday, October 13, 2010

When In Doubt, Gamble



Thrilled by the Texas win over Tampa Bay, I went out and acquainted myself with the local Trader Joe's. Though I've walked or drove by it countless times, I somehow did not alert my brain to its existence. So last night I went in just to upload it to my brain.
I didn't buy anything, but was very excited by the prices and selection. Trader Joe's rocks.

On a whim, I stopped into the PB Pub which is right around the corner. I was the youngest person in the place. I ordered a drink and with nothing to do, no one to talk to, I decided to play Hot Spot, the California version of Keno. Three games, three numbers, all related to those in my heart. I picked the right ones for the right time. Won $22. My bet was $6. Almost a three hundred percent profit. Aside from a couple music prizes I was awarded in high school, that's the most money I've ever won. Pleased, I knew that was enough for me, time to head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment