Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Orange Crush








Sat outside last night looking at intermittent lightening (about 20 seconds apart) and listening to slow rolling thunder. The temperature cooled five degrees in the space of an hour. This morning, I saw sun streaking through the window for the first time in a week. Within twenty minutes it was gone. I walked down to the bay and saw a heavy presence of dark clouds, but also a few strokes of blue in the sky. I figured the clouds would move out and we'd have our first sunny day since the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. Instead, the skies opened up just after 12:30. I doubted there was any way the rain would last more than a few moments. Nine hours later, it is still raining steadily. However, for a brief stretch around dusk, there was a magnificent sunset. As I put away my laundry and re-arranged my closet, I caught a glimpse of neon orange and electric violet sky. I couldn't believe it. Stopped what I was doing and went straight out to the bay. These pictures don't do it justice. For about 15 minutes this evening, the sky was vibrant and inspiring. The rain must have been on break, but it returned to take center stage. Didn't expect days like this out here, but I'm very grateful for it. I love weather. I love the changes. I couldn't live out here full time, but I would be thrilled to have an international lifestyle, or at least a bi-coastal one.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day and I wish you a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment