Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hump Day

Pushing through the week. Our training for the acting/merchandising job brought us to El Cajon today. My first time there and it is closer than I thought (about half an hour). There are 3 other guys in the training group, all actors slash something else out of necessity. I like them all and I enjoy being trained and coached as an actor, for me there's something very comfortable and liberating about that environment. Plus, we all get to talk about our creative pursuits and receive support and knowledge as opposed to blank stares.

On the way home tonight, I heard an incredible tune by Faithless/Dido on the radio. Faithless is one of my favorite groups and I don't think I've ever heard them on US radio before, so that was pretty bitching.

In other news:

This damn script memorization has kept me away from playing any instruments, so I'm looking forward to the arrival of the weekend for some more time. In addition, my main iPod is still on strike, so my music selection has been limited.

Is it me, or does this witch need to find something better to do with her time?

Finally put up a couple new posts on The Examiner.

California is in dire straits. Stratospheric unemployment, bankrupt, political gridlock. And here are our choices for governor: Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown. The former is a self-absorbed corporate slickster who never even voted until recently deciding on a career in politics to add a feather to her own cap, she'll lower taxes, help the corporations and increase the divide between the rich and the poor. The latter is an overcaffeinated crackpot who is overly liberal and has a prolific career in public service that unfortunately has a great number of potholes. He'll raise taxes and I doubt he has the answers to improving our economy.
Still, I think he's the lesser evil. But I'm not an official resident and won't be voting. You can watch this video if you want, but skip up to minute 17, when Matt Lauer asks about stopping the negative campaigning, which has been intense and demoralizing. Clearly, the people are weary and tired of it. Meg Whitman doesn't get it. We are far too negative these days, but rather than focus on her own vision, Meg Whitman can only point out the flaws of another and complain about the (unfair and inappropriate) comments made about her by the Brown campaign. The real highlight is Governor Schwarzenegger simultaneously buoying the spirits of the citizens and crushing Meg Whitman's campaign promise to make California golden again. I praise Schwarzenegger for stating, rightly, that California is a golden state.

No comments:

Post a Comment