Monday, October 4, 2010

October, Monday








Woke up in LA this morning to a comforting rain outside the window. Then I realized that I was waking up in LA. And it was raining outside. It all seemed perfectly natural to me since I was staying with a friend whose parents live around the corner from my house back in Mass. We're used to this stuff. But here we were in LA with raindrops falling down under grey skies. Odd.

On the way south back to San Diego I figured the rain would subside. It didn't, only varying in degrees as I went through one town into another. Once I finally made it back to Pacific Beach I could see sun out to the west over the water. No precipitation. But it is in the low 60s and grey. Just a few miles inland it's raining. How strange. Some merchants apologized to me for moving to San Diego at such a gloomy time. I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't blame me for bringing the bad weather out here.

After a few errands, I stopped along the shores of La Jolla at Bird Rock Beach. Here are a few photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment