Friday, October 22, 2010

Deja Vu

As I sat down to write this post, everything about my setting and subject flashed back to me from previous dream. I have no idea how long ago I had that dream, and before I sat down I had no indication that this situation was familiar. But there it was in a flash.

Wild.

So, the car has recently passed 121,000 miles. A cake will be forthcoming. I needed an oil change and was referred to EconoLube down by an In 'N Out Burger near Route 5. Went down this morning and saw that they indeed offered a $10 oil change, but then listed subsequent services in this fashion:

Better Oil Change $25
Premium Oil Change $45
Best Oil Change (Synthetic) $55

This reminded me of lap dance pricing and I was immediately sketched out and hit the road. I pulled into a Valvoline for a synthetic oil change, then was told to replace the filters and the spark plugs, $270 later the car is running great.

It's chilly and intermittently cloudy here. My sister is flying down now from Salt Lake City. Should be a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment