Friday, October 1, 2010

Linner




There are some days where I only eat once. This started on the cross country trip. There's not motivation behind it, simply a case of being distracted or preoccupied. Today was one of those days, therefore I just finished what could be called my dunch or linner, as it will be my only meal today.

I slow cooked some pulled pork in barbeque sauce, lime juice, and spices. I didn't really do it properly, only spent about 4 hours over low heat. Nevertheless it made for great sandwiches. Pulled chicken with chopped onion and dill pickles on fresh buns toasted in olive oil, one had meunster cheese, the other Irish cheddar. All that paired with mineral water and a California Red Zinfandel. Lovely.

As the Red Sox game is in a delay, I watched a bit of the Braves Phillies matchup. Since the Padres blew it last night, and this week, and this past month, it would take a Braves collapse to give them some chance at the post-season, but either way they have to win every game. National League games lag a bit, fortunately Encore is showing Never Say Never Again, one of the best bonds, even though it's an unofficial entry in the series. Klaus Maria Brandauer is probably the best ever bond villain, though I'm also partial to Christopher Lee in The Man With The Golden Gun. Both films are also neck for best bond babes, Kim Basinger and Barbera Carerra in the former, then Britt Ekland and Maud Adams in the latter. Marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment