Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stay Classy

When I woke up one Friday morning in winter 2004 and put on Anchorman, I didn't expect much. I then proceeded to laugh my ass off at a movie that would serve as a touchstone for hilarity forever afterward. Of course, the Red Sox had already achieved the previously impossible by winning the World Series, and life for all Sox fans had changed for the infinitely better. No wonder I was in a good mood. Still, I had no clue one day I would pick up and move to that fabled place, which by then I had already visited.

Tonight, TBS' West Coast programming featured Anchorman, and I found myself a bit tickled to be sitting here, in San Diego, thinking back at how you never really know what's coming. Life sure is full of twists and turns.

P.S. When you next watch Anchorman you'll notice that Danny Trejo is the bartender at Rocky's, however the Rocky's in the movie is fictional, not the haven located across the street from my apartment.

1 comment: