Sunday, November 7, 2010

Narrow Escape




I spent most of today in Point Loma, which is not the nicest area. It's highly commercial, even industrial in parts. I went first to check out a new yoga studio that I got a deal for and after one class I can see why I got a deal. After that I came home for some green tea and oatmeal, showered and then went back to hit Target, Ralph's, and Home Depot, all of which are right in a row off Sports Arena Boulevard. No time for Bed, Bath & Beyond.

On my way back I was struck by the beauty of the twilight sky, and I decided I could stop into CVS in Pacific Beach for a couple other things I hadn't found. As I pulled into the parking lot, the radio kicked in with Faith No More's "We Care A Lot," a killer apathy dirge that I covered with the short lived college supergroup You. Right in front of me was a tow preparing to lift this tricked out k-car off into never never land. The image fit perfectly with the song, it was a scene right out of Repo Man.

Though visually interesting, this was a depressing scenario. It's no fun watching someone else's bad day. But all was not lost.

When I came out of CVS, the k car was released from its chains, and the dodo Cali boys were ready to climb back behind the wheel and resume their automotive freedom. A happy ending. As I made my way back towards Crown Point, I saw the tow truck approaching to my left at an intersection. I took the opportunity and cut it off just for good measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment