Saturday, November 20, 2010

All Wet

I hate umbrellas. They are a pain to carry around, are easily thwarted and destroyed by the wind, and are far too easily left behind once you've reached your destination. A few days before heading West, my girlfriend gave me an umbrella. Not just any umbrella. The coolest umbrella ever. On the outside it was a blue and white striped umbrella, but it had a strong, determined structure that wouldn't bend easily in the wind. And, on the interior, it had a print lithograph of Giselle Bundchen smirking in only her bikini bottoms. Now this is an umbrella. Of course, thinking I wouldn't be able to use it in sunny San Diego, I left it behind. I miss it. Could have really used it today, as it is still pouring out. I stopped to get gas and felt very at home getting pelted by wind streaked rain. Got back in the car and heard this absolutely fantastic song on the radio, fitting. It's a rainy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment