Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Set Your Intention



I signed off yesterday saying that today would be a good day. I woke up in full recognition of that intention. Within an hour of rising up, I was doing yoga on Mission Beach, just a few feet from the lapping waves.

The morning was overcast, and with the sound of passing cars, I wondered if perhaps it was raining. Opening the blinds, I was relieved to see that it was perfectly dry. By the time I arrived at the park, the clouds were beginning to part. Soon enough, we were under brilliant sunshine, performing yoga against the waves and beneath the brilliant blue skies.

This was absolutely magnificent.

After practice, staring out at the waves, I noticed the blue hue of the Pacific almost mirroring the winter shade of the Atlantic. Except here, there was no frost, no ice, it was 65 degrees and we're on the beach in November wearing shorts, comfortable as could be. We sat, embracing the beauty. Then the beautiful girl to my left pointed to the water and stated, in an absolutely mundane fashion, "there's a dolphin." Sure enough, only about 50 feet away, a couple of dolphins were arcing through the water in front of us. I'd never seen a dolphin in the wild before today. I'll never forget it.

Now, the rest of my day couldn't match the beginning, but that would be hard to do. I am grateful for the majesty of this morning. I will use it as inspiration for a better tomorrow.


p.s. i wasn't on the beach this morning holding a camera with amazing shutter speed, that is a stock photo. Nevertheless, that is a pretty good representation of what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment