Monday, November 1, 2010

Costume Contest







It is the Day of the Dead, and I'm exhausted. Had an incredible amount of fun this weekend, almost to the point where I can't believe it actually happened. San Diego certainly is into the Halloween vibe, and I feel that I did my best to support the festivities.

So, you all have to tell me which costume you liked best. I can unequivocally tell you that the Don Johnson gear was the most comfortable. I felt like I was in pajamas. And sure, a couple of the younger girls at the party thought I was Andrew McCarthy from Pretty In Pink rather than Sonny Crockett. That works too. The lion costume was easily the least comfortable. No pockets, real trial to hit the jets and take a leak, my tail kept getting cut or dragging on the ground, and there was cheap fur shedding everywhere. Plus, it was hot, like my own personal sauna. The pirate costume was awfully fun, and I had help from a costume designer so that one certainly has the professional edge. All in all, three very different outings, all fantastic in their own right.

And I saw so many great costumes out and about. But I have to give the edge to the guy who came to the Haunted House dressed as The Dude. It took me a minute of hard processing to determine that he wasn't actually Jeff Bridges walking around La Jolla in character. It could happen, The Dude abides.

By the way, that's my pumpkin which I carved on Thursday night. It came out okay, but the roasted pumpkin seeds were fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment