Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Update





Didn't mean to fall off the map. Strange not to post after being so consistent. But we are on a holiday Monday, and below is an update of the past few days.

My burger at Rocky's on Friday was absolutely sensational! First rate! Later that evening, I had dinner with my friend's family and I was happy about completing the cleanse, because the menu consisted of lasagna and manicotti. I was prepared.
Despite the occasional indulgence, I'm sticking to a good diet, as I do for the most part these days. And I am thrilled to have my morning tea back.

Though the forecast called for mid-70s temperatures on Friday the mercury never reached higher than 65. I still hit the beach and made multiple writing notes. Fortunately on Saturday, our atmospheric bliss was realized, and we experienced a gorgeous 75 degree day, and another one yesterday.

In an epic carpe diem move, my buddy Martin purchased a plane ticket to escape New York City's 20 degree temperatures after hearing that I was sitting on the beach on Saturday. He arrived yesterday at 12:30, on another amazing day. Despite the horrendous loss by the Patriots yesterday (what the hell happened????), we had a good day. The city is very alive the past couple days as everyone is celebrating the nice weather. Very odd for January, but seeing as the sun didn't come out until August here, it is certainly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment