Wednesday, January 12, 2011

La Jolla Cove











Today was a great day. I just felt fantastic. Earlier on the cleanse, as always, I was consumed by food cravings, bouts of weakness, feeling chilly. The cravings only last the first 2-3 days. The weakness goes away after about 4-5. And the chilliness, cleansing takes away that outer layer of fat. So no better how big you are, you'll get colder much faster than normal. Fortunately, I'm in Southern California.

It was a beautiful day today. Still in the low to mid 60s, but that famous Southern California sun was shining bright and strong. I went up to La Jolla Cove, where I have not been for months. Took a long walk wearing a t-shirt and jeans, and walked down into the lagoon to hang out with the sea lions. Standing on the shores of the beach, they were all hanging out along the rocks, maybe 25 feet away. Seals, sea lions, pelicans, cranes, sea gulls, just beautiful. And there plenty of people right in the water with them. Plenty of people walking down to swim in the cove alongside the sea lions, and then people on paddle boats and kayaks saying hello as well. The sea lions loved the attention. They would play with each other and show off, and whether they were on the rocks or in the water, they were all very talkative. There were even some seal pups hanging out with their parents soaking up the sun. What a beautiful place.

I had thoughts of the Northeast, covered in snow, I would have been just as happy walking along the coastline there, wearing 5 layers of clothing. I just love the ocean, my favorite aspect of the natural world.

On the way home the radio station I had played a canned greeting from John Taylor preceding the greatest single of the 1980s, "Hungry Like The Wolf." In honor of that, along with my early days of ravenousness on the cleanse, the video is below, along with today's menu.

Another good thing today, my business cards arrived. They look great!

Menu:
Steel cut oats with honey, cayenne, and blackberries.

Last night's leftover chicken/black beans/orange peppers/onions/cilantro in a spinach tortilla.

Dry roasted peanuts with organic dark chocolate and almond milk.

Smoothie with soy milk, strawberries, banana, and extra soy protein.

Chicken thighs & Turkey breast broiled in lemon, sage, rosemary & thyme. Served with steamed green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment