Wednesday, February 2, 2011

This and That








Watched the news to see our country buried by snow and Egypt besieged by struggle. Meanwhile San Diego dealt with a wind alert and finally adding fluoride to the water supply.

For the past month, no matter where I am, I overhear someone here expressing delight at being away from the cold, not having to shovel, never seeing snow. The interesting part is that most of them are speaking from experience, as they moved here to escape. That is with the exception of my neighbor Steve, who is from Southern California. But one day I saw him walking around the bay and upon seeing me he expressed, "beats shoveling back East, huh Chris! Got to make the most of where you live!"

It was a bit cool here with the wind so I warmed up with some pulled chicken that slow cooked for about 3 hours. Killer!

Here are some pics of the bay, and a beautiful new song by Chicane that is not being released in the States. If you are somewhere cold, I hope these help you float to a warm place.

2 comments: