Friday, February 11, 2011

Glorious Sun


Today was an absolutely magnificent day in San Diego. Not a cloud in the sky, 75 degrees, a lovely breeze. Just wonderful.

As I do everyday I went down to the bay to run. When I did, a lovely young girl in a red bikini just like Phoebe Cates in Fast Times At Ridgemont High, was sunbathing and took her top off just as I was walking by. Now this wasn't in slow motion or anything, and as it has happened to me a half dozen or so times out here, it's nothing new, but that's what makes it even more fantastic. It's part of the day to day. And, on the other side of the coin, when I finished my run I was walking ahead of a woman probably a bit younger than me telling someone on the phone that she's been very lucky to finally get a job, that many of her friends are leaving because there is nothing out here. That's part of the reality. This is a dream world and will always be, but right now it is in dire straits economically.

I recently saw Anthony Hopkins discussing his love for California and I've included the clip below because I truly appreciated his enthusiasm for the place and he is quite right. There are so many people that are bitter towards California and I don't quite understand it. It's a wonderful, ridiculous place. It's just not the place for everybody.







No comments:

Post a Comment