Monday, March 28, 2011

Walking In Beantown








Got to spend a few hours on Friday and Saturday walking through Beantown. This was surprisingly enjoyable.

In the past, I always felt constricted and restrained no matter where I was, and especially while I was in Boston. That is no longer the case. I feel more comfortable and confident in myself than I ever have. So it felt great to get around Boston over the weekend and do a bit of shopping (March contains the birthdays of my mother, sister, girlfriend, and girlfriend's mother, yowza).

I found 2 hour parking spots on both days in Bay Village (my old neighborhood) and the South End--huge! Caught site of this alley right off of Tremont street which leads to a number of private apartment gardens. Somehow I came across Stuart Street in a rare lull during Friday rush hour and snapped this shot looking west. There's a shot of the nightclub 33 that is now out of business. I remember when this spot was first purchased back in 2002. I watched the construction as I took meetings at Mistral about the creation of Teatro. And then when that project got delayed I worked in front of 33 as a valet, driving many flash cars including Antoine Walker's massive Escalade ---which has almost certainly been repossessed in the years since. Surprised to see the Boston Crossing Pond completely drained. I imagine that is a byproduct of the harsh winter, can't remember seeing that before, but in just a few weeks that will be full of water and tourists on swan boats.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment