Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy March



March 2nd. 45 degrees, partly cloudy. Low tonight of 9, high of 27 tomorrow.

There's snow everywhere. All old, frozen, and brown.

The weather isn't bothering me at all. On the trip back I think the lowest temp I saw was around 31 degrees on the infamous initial Saturday voyage and then again heading through Texas into Oklahoma. I don't have any winter clothes here in Connecticut other than a pea coat and my Red Sox ski hat. Getting along just fine.

But there is a huge difference in terms of diversion. There really is just so much to do in California. Everywhere here is an end destination. A store. A gym. A restaurant. Get in your car, go from here to there. Get in your car, go back. Nothing to see along the way. That's the difference. In California there's a whole world around you that is open and free. People here are bitter and frustrated. So the last couple days being in the house all day really bothered me. Today has been much better. I'm unpacking some bags and filling up a closet. Still living out of suitcases. Making all of my own food, nice change. It does make me manic that there is no place to get wheat grass. The emphasis on health and happy living is largely buried behind closed walls here. But I'll break through.

Making some progress on the job front, in that people are receiving my communications and sending them up the chain. That's not much but compared to the last few months it is a tremendous improvement. Got to watch a few quarters of the Celtics game the other night, that was pretty sweet. And I'm here in a lovely place, with an awesome dog to hang out with, so this is all headed in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment