Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!







Beautiful 61 degrees and sunny here in South Windsor on St. Patrick's Day. We have a little deck that faces west, there's a stream just about 20 feet beyond the railing. The sound of the water is soothing and this is our first time enjoying the deck. According to the calendar, in 3 days it will be Spring. It sure feels like it today.

This morning I went for my first run since returning to the Northeast. Introduced my San Diego running shoes to the thawing snow of our local wilderness trail. Many people were out, smiles all around. There's nothing like the advent of warm weather after a long harsh winter. Obviously I skipped out on the winter part this year but I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's frowns soften into grins. Though we're sure to have some cold and even snowy days ahead, there's a chance I'll be able to maintain my tan. That would rule.

So Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone, and Evacuation Day to those in Boston. I'll be heading out tonight and look forward to trying a black velvet, also known as a Bismarck. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment