Monday, March 7, 2011

Waiting 5 Minutes

Lovely to see my family over the weekend and get further settled here at the house.

Another unique aspect of calling New England home has reincorporated itself into my life, the ever changing weather. Yesterday morning was a balmy 55 degrees under overcast skies, causing steam to rise up from the melting snow banks. On the way West towards Connecticut there were sprinkles of rain that developed into a full on deluge which carried through the night. This morning the rain was reduced to a drizzle, the temperature down to the 40s. By 10 am there was white out snow flurry, with zero accumulation. Not twenty minutes later, the temperature was down to the low 30s, where it stayed for the day. But of course by the afternoon the skies were clear and full of sunshine. Rollercoaster ride.

It's a cold night. I've definitely been eating more in a typical survivalist manner to combat the cold. Tonight I'll be making meatloaf. I love meatloaf, and would never have felt right about making it out in San Diego. I had clam chowder last week and baked haddock the other night, all dishes that wouldn't really speak to me in a moderate climate and I am glad to have them back.

Stay warm tonight and be happy for health, peace, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment