Saturday, March 31, 2012

Off to Las Vegas

I'm just about a year into my foray in the wine business, still struggling to make ends meet.  Nevertheless, I have a book of clients here in Massachusetts, a couple of distributor partnerships that I have cultivated, and I get to help select new wines for our company's portfolio.  Since I'm with a small company, I get to fill a number of different roles.  If I were working in this capacity for a larger company it would mean big bucks.  Instead, I'm scraping by, though each month seems to be a bit better than the one before it.  There is a day not too far off where I'll be able to focus full time time on nationwide distribution and be able to walk away from the pandering toil of door to door sales, but that day is not here yet.

So this week I am off to Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas to exhibit at the 69th Annual Wine & Spirits Wholesalers Convention.  Should be quite the to-do.  This is the biggest show of it's kind in America and, as you can see from the trailer, is full of pomp and circumstance.  Equipped with a new title, Director of U.S. Sales & Marketing, this is another step towards prosperity in the industry of my choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment