Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Uphill



Thought today would be the day I broke into the light with some new sales. A wait at the first retail store led me to try a place where I used to know the owner. The place is now under new ownership. Back to the first retail spot, they tasted three offerings, liked them all, had no money in the budget, 'keep coming back.' Then I got to my car and saw that I had a ticket after waiting over an hour to get through the tasting.

Off to the next appointment 26 miles away. Staffing issues interrupted their schedule so they couldn't taste today. From there I decided to regroup and hit a few places another 35 miles north in Cape Ann where I was well received on my first visit. First place, my contact had an off day. Stopped into two places around the corner who didn't want to add new vendors. Then another 14 miles north to find a restaurant closed due to inclement weather. Rockport was like a ghost town. Sure it was 45 degrees under a thick shroud of fog and heavy mist, but all the stores were dark and locked up. No one on the streets.

Fine, back south to hit the bars/lounges of Beverly and Salem where I had no contacts. Fortunately I ran into a couple of cool people that offered some hope of future sales. I ended up in a cafe I'd never heard of before 1pm today, and suddenly at 8pm I was standing outside. So in a way, every little bit leads you to where you're going.

And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment