Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What The F?!

Certainly no one expected this. I haven't watched too much of the games so far, which is more a result of co-habitation diplomacy than anything else. What is worse than the Sox becoming the MLB equivalent of the Miami Heat, is that now we are the exclusive worldwide promoter and partner of LeBron James. Awkward and definitely not cool. Sad byproduct of of 21st century hypermedia branding.

On a lighter note, one thing I really did enjoy about tonight's game was the camaraderie of my favorite fellow Red Sox fan, my dad. I came up to Andover tonight and it was all worth it to be in the kitchen hearing my dad's cry of "That's bullshit!" directed at the screen in the next room. Of course, he would have said the same thing on a tough call in a win.

Get it together, Red Sox. You're real fans can't even afford to buy tickets to the games. At least give us something to watch for the second mortgage we all pay to cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment