Monday, April 4, 2011

Rainy Monday

So. . . Rough weekend for the Sox. Good to see that they still have a sense of humor.
Right now I'm more concerned about the Celtics. Shaq looked great last night, until he was in agony. The C's need him to get number 18.

In other news, I'm very happy to see that the National Transportation Board is authorizing a bus inspection. I've made multiple bus trips to and from NYC and Hartford over the years and, though being a bus driver may not be the best job in the world, it should never result in death. On my last cross country trip, which you know took me coast to coast and across over 3000 miles, the most aggressive driving I saw came right here in Connecticut by, you guessed it, reckless bus drivers. Truck drivers in the rain is one thing. Bus drivers are not in the same category. The truck driver has a load to deliver and no one on board. The buses are carrying innocent, paying customers. You can routinely see buses weaving in and out of lanes up and down I-95 with no concern for the other cars on the road or for the passengers on board. It's a bus, it's not a sports car; slow down and drive safe.

2 comments:

  1. Talking about buses. Did you see on the news that 2 guys, from Mass, fell from a moving bus while it was headed down the highway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not see that story. That is horrible.

    ReplyDelete